Monday, January 23, 2012

Thoughts and Pictures from my first week in Bolivia


Two Bolivian family members (Rodrigo-16, Fabio-8) playing soccer

Stephany-5 playing with some friends at the big soccer fiesta. Our family was responsible for making 200 hamburgers the night before to bring to this big party. We had quite the assembly line going. (Ingredients 50 pounds meat, 35 eggs, a bunch of peppers and tomatoes, and seasoning)

Me with Valedia-(cousin) in front of my home for the next 5 weeks
A church close by that I attended last Sunday. It was quite interactive and spirited.
The language school that I attend Monday-Friday. I have 4 teachers that work specifically in different areas of language and culture and all my classes are one on one. I will have 6 weeks of language training before I hit the ground running, walking, or stumbling.
Another picture of Valedia-She is quite outgoing and fun to play with. She helps me with my spanish because she is constantly asking me questions. She also finds it amusing that she (4 yrs old) gets to correct me and teach me basic things in spanish.
A close up of Fabio-center middle row-and his teammates after they won the soccer game and tournament.
Stephany and her cousin Gracia-so cute






2 comments:

  1. What a great beginning! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, thanks for posting! What great photos and stories! I'm glad you and Kitzi arrived safely, and I think about both of you often. Write again soon.

    ReplyDelete